The Ultimate Guide for Preschool Report Card Comments (+Templates)
What could be more difficult than the responsibility of writing distinct remarks about each child in your class? The preschool assessment report comments that follow will assist you in tailoring your remarks and highlighting their abilities. Also, check out our progress report templates for a comprehensive list of achievements for the preschool year in several areas of the curriculum. You’ll discover the correct terms here to keep your remarks current and accurate. By using the preschool assessment tool you can effectively record observations and evidence over time.
Table of Contents
- 5 Strategies for Effective Preschool Report Card Comments
- 40 Sample Preschool Report Card Comments
- 5 Tips for Writing Preschool Report Card Comments Fast
- Preschool Report Card Templates from Illumine
- 10 Steps for Creating Progress Reports on the Illumine App
- FAQs About Preschool Report Card Comments
5 Strategies for Effective Preschool Report Card Comments
Keep these hacks in mind for writing honest and credible preschool assessment report comments:
- Begin your assessment report comments for kindergarten by telling parents how pleased you are to be teaching their kid, or how much their child is learning and developing. Positive comments can motivate pupils to do better.
- Report cards aren’t the best place to go over preschool curriculum. Student performance and ambitions for the coming term should be highlighted in the short remarks for the assessment report.
- Incorporating both parents and students in preschool assessment report comments broadens the scope of the report and decreases the likelihood of conflict between preschool teachers, pupils, and parents.
- Avoid general comments in preschool assessments. While vague phrasing may make parents feel better, it will not help your student improve and will prove to be a massive challenge for you later. To write specific preschool assessment report comments, look for important moments in class.
- Report card comments for kindergarten should cover a wide range of topics related to a student’s performance, like cognitive, social, emotional, linguistic, adaptive, etc.
40 Sample Preschool Report Card Comments
Our preschool teachers have compiled a list of assessment report comments that are meaningful and impactful for both the parents and the students alike:
For Class Participation
- is considerate of others in the class.
- carefully executes group activities.
- collaborates with peers in a democratic manner.
- encourages his peers to follow directions.
- pays close attention to others’ answers.
- follows directions.
- replies to what was read or spoken about in class.
- asks for clarification when needed.
- remains an active learner throughout the day.
- puts forth their best effort.
For Social Skills
- makes friends quickly in the classroom.
- is well-liked by peers.
- chooses to spend breaks with friends.
- enjoys conversation with pals during breaks.
- appears to be at ease in new situations.
- empathetic towards their peers.
- treats other pupils with the utmost fairness.
- handles disagreements with peers well.
- doesn’t interrupt others.
- demonstrates a high level of respect for classmates.
- cooperates with other students.
- is respectful and has decent manners.
- observes the rules of the classroom.
- responds appropriately when corrected.
- sets a high standard for behaviour.
- is helpful and friendly to everyone in the classroom.
- resists the urge to be distracted by other students.
- maintains a laser-like concentration on tasks at hand.
- is courteous.
- transitions between classroom activities without distraction.
For Academic Achievements
- is working well in all basic subjects.
- has great enthusiasm for everything we do in class.
- work is above grade standards.
- is able to keep up with the rest of the class.
- excellent attitude is reflected in the work they do.
- enjoys reading and writing.
- has excellent vocabulary skills.
- always does a neat job.
- takes immense pride in all of the work they do.
- is making progress in all academic areas.
5 Tips for Writing Preschool Report Card Comments Fast
These tips for drafting preschool assessment comments are real time savers:
- Set a timer for fifteen minutes and write two or three assessment report remarks within that period. Tell yourself you just have 15 minutes to complete it. You’ll be more productive and efficient.
- Break down the large process of drafting a report into smaller segments. Consider starting with your broad observations. Break out your general assessment report remarks into two or three parts every day.
- Begin with the most difficult assignment. It’s surprising how empowering and inspiring it is to know that you’ve finished the part you were most dreading.
- Make positive self-talk a habit. Tell yourself that you’ve got this!
- When you’re having trouble expressing yourself, comment banks are a great place to start.
Preschool Assessment Report Card from Illumine
One of the most important components in defining a student’s learning path is creating short remarks fo
rts that are both relevant and meaningful. It is one of the best strategies for effective engagement and teacher-parent communication. Illumine enables teachers to effectively capture and track progress through preschool comments for assessment reports. It also provides support and training to teachers.
Download Sample Preschool Assessment
10 Steps for Creating Progress Reports on the Illumine App
Creating preschool assessment reports is easy, fast and hassle-free when you use a preschool assessment software. Illumine pre-school assessment tool is compatible with various curriculum structures such as Montessori, Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework (EYFS), and other country-specific frameworks.
Here’s the breakdown of the steps:
Step 1: Go to the menu and select learning, then milestones.
Step 2: To create a development area, go to the top right corner and click the add development area button.
Step 3: Select the classrooms for which you wish to construct the development area and give it a short name, label, and add.
Step 4: After that, give it a title and submit it. The development area will be added to the list successfully.
Step 5: Next to the development area you wish to add it to, select the subdomain option.
Step 6: Select the classrooms for which you wish to construct the development area and give it a short name, label, and add.
Step 7: After that, give it a title and submit it. The development area will be added to the list successfully.
Step 8: Next to the development area or subdomain you wish to add it to, select the milestone option.
Step 9: After that, add a description and hit submit.
Step 10: The achievement will be added to the list.
Using Illumine’s high-tech tools to create and share accurate progress reports with parents can help you develop a strong working connection with them. Our app also enables you to write preschool comments for assessment reports fast, helping you save a massive amount of time. Get a free 11-day trial today with all features included!
FAQs About Preschool Report Card Comments
Q 1. How do you write preschool comments for assessment reports?
You highlight the students’ achievements and deficiencies in preschool comments for assessment reports and highlight what they are good at.
Q 2. What are some positive preschool comments for assessment reports?
Some positive preschool comments for assessment reports include: keep it up, you’ve done an excellent job, you’re doing superbly, good luck!
Q 3. How do you end preschool comments for assessment reports?
You end preschool comments for assessment reports with positive affirmations and an encouraging remark or two.
Q 4. How do you write a comment for a kindergarten student?
You write positive comments for assessment reports, even if you’re talking about the child’s weak area