You can create events and update parents about the same through Illumine. Once you have created an event, both teachers and parents on the home tab of their respective apps will be able to see a card called upcoming events, which will basically be a reminder of any events that are going to happen in the coming days.
- First, go to the calendar option in the menu, and click on events
- Then click on the add event option on the top right corner
- Give an event name, choose the date, add a description, and select the classrooms you’re creating this event for
- Click on the send notification to parents box if you want parents to get immediately notified once the event is created
- Upload a banner if you want, and click on save
- Your event will be created
- As soon as you create the event, parents get notified on the app