The coronavirus outbreak has led childcare centers worldwide to shut down to avoid the spread of the disease. The virus affected everyone’s lives, and to maintain social distancing, parents have been working from home, and the children are undergoing online classes. But now, as the world is trying to adapt to the new normal, with the face masks and social distancing norms, childcare centers are also reopening just like other workplaces.
Parents planning to rejoin offices physically are in need of child care centers. After weighing the risks and advantages of a child care center, parents will finalize the best center for their little ones. Given the Government’s regulations on reopening, the child care center owners can start their centers after taking necessary precautions.
Need to Restart Childcare Centers During COVID-19
Child care center closure in the U.S. left many parents to work from home and take care of their children. At the same time, many center owners started struggling financially as the pandemic went on. A lot of working families complain that they are struggling between their work duties and parenting.
Child care is a chief concern for working families in the U.S. The pandemic’s effect on child care centers is also impacting the children who were earlier relying on these centers for their emotional, physical, and mental development. According to a study, around 60% of children in the U.S. under five years of age depended on the child care centers for their development. Child care has become a sole source for many families that enables them to “get to work”. There is an extreme need to reopen child care centers; otherwise, many families, especially women, will have to leave their jobs to supervise their kids at home.
Digitisation in the COVID-19 Scenario: How can it Help?
As the pandemic continues, the responsibilities of the child care center owners have increased. They need to be more careful in keeping the schools safe and disinfected. The workload has increased and their priorities in the center are taking care of students. In such a case, childcare software can help the center owners to automate most of their tasks.
A childcare management software enables contactless activities including daily reports, developmental observations, attendance, etc. If you are one of the child care center owners who struggles a lot in maintaining scattered files, paper checks, etc., apps like Illumine are a single solution to all your worries.
Illumine – Helping in the New Normal
This childcare software is built after considering COVID-19 centric features that will increase parents’ engagement by receiving real-time notifications about their children’s activities. This software automates most of your paperwork and provides a communication platform with parents to ensure loyalty-building communications.
Features of the Childcare Software App
- This attendance tracking app will enable schools to keep a record of the attendance of the students as well as staff, where self-check-in and check-out will record their presence.
- For security purposes, this attendance app for teachers will enable them to capture photos of the student, parent, and staff for maintaining the attendance record.
- The child care attendance app will resolve your daily paperwork by recording the presence of the students. The attendance app will maintain old records which can be fetched whenever needed.
- It facilitates the regular attendance process through the school attendance app feature, which will record the presence of students, parents, and staff of the school.
- It will be useful to have software that provides a daily attendance app to manage your calendar and report childcare attendance regularly.
- This childcare app provides complete accounting activities in one platform. Set up and collect the payments directly from the app. Be in complete control of the billing and fee collection.
- Regular notifications will be sent to improve the fee collection cycle on due dates.
- PDF payment receipt for payments as soon as a payment is made. The same copy will go to the finance admin at school.
- Experience a transparent and easy to access environment with our billing and fees collection procedure.
- Bridges the gap between students and parents. Send daily reports, live photos, emails to parents instantly.
- Share the daily learning time table and food menu and the next upcoming item to parents.
- Single platform managing all documents related to the staff ID proof, salary slips, etc.
- Effective communication between staff and school regarding leaves and getting approvals.
- Smooth record maintenance, including payroll and other necessary staff information.
Admission and waitlist
- With this childcare software, easily create and broadcast all the necessary forms required in the admission process without any paperwork.
- Hassle-free online enrolments and registrations with the help of excel/API based integration.
There are numerous childcare software claiming to provide the best features. We recommend you to take your time in analyzing which software best suits your childcare center especially during this time of the pandemic. Taking the right decision will solve most of your manual work and efficiently handle your job.
If you are interested in checking how Illumine’s efficient capabilities can transform your daily activities at the childcare center, please request a demo at https://illumine.app/.